Phil Burchell MDT Diploma Scholarship
In October 2012, The Robin McKenzie Institute Canada was saddened by the loss of Phil Burchell, our extremely valued colleague and friend. Phil was a great clinician and exceptional teacher. His passion, humour, dedication and generosity inspired many to further their MDT education. Phil made significant contributions to the Institute which included his involvement with the International Education Committee and in his promotion of adult education, changing the way we teach our courses, putting the learning needs of our participants first. The McKenzie Institute will be forever grateful for the opportunity to have collaborated with and learned from this inspirational man.
In honour of Phil’s many contributions to the Institute and countless students, The Robin McKenzie Institute Canada has set up a scholarship fund in his name. The scholarship will provide assistance to a qualified professional wishing to progress through the MDT Diploma Programme as detailed in the following section.
$2,000.00 U.S. Dollar (maximum) / $1,000.00 U.S. Dollar (minimum)The successful candidate(s) will be awarded a minimum of $1,000.00 U.S. At the discretion of the Phil Burchell Scholarship Committee and the Robin McKenzie Institute Canada Board of Directors, there is the potential for the scholarship recipient to be awarded a maximum of $2,000.00 U.S. Dollars.
|Awarded:||Annually to a qualified MDT Credentialed Practitioner who has been accepted into the MII Diploma programme.|
|Date Awarded:||90 days or more prior to MII MDT Diploma Programme Application deadline|
- The annual deadline for submitting applications is 31MAY.
- The successful candidate will be advised by letter by 30SEP of the given year..
- The Applicant must be a MDT Credentialed Practitioner with a minimum of three (3) years experience in the field.
- The Applicant must have already been accepted into the Diploma Programme and must verify that his/her start date falls within 12 months of the application deadline.
- The Applicant must complete the application process and submit by the application deadline. Late submissions will NOT be considered.
- Applicants must be engaged in active clinical practice, and be currently licensed in a Canadian province or territory.
- Applicant must be a full-time Canadian permanent resident for a minimum of two (2) years.
- The successful applicant will be selected utilizing pre-determined areas of assessment: Academic, Professional Goals and Contributions to the Institute.
- The scholarship fund is not accumulative, only $1,000.00-$2,000.00 U.S. dollars will be awarded per each calendar year
- The scholarship can be awarded to the same applicant more than once. if no other candidates are eligible to apply in subsequent calendar years, and the same applicant is deemed appropriate based on successful progress in the Diploma Programme.
- The Scholarship award money will be paid directly to McKenzie International Diploma Programme, on behalf of the scholarship recipient. At no point can the scholarship money awarded be made refundable to the recipient.
- In the event that the recipient cancels his/her place in the MDT Scholarship Programme, the scholarship award will be refunded to the Robin McKenzie Institute Canada.
Application Supporting Document Requirements:
- Completed Application Form
- Proof of Canadian residency
- Copy of current resume
- Copy of professional licence
- Cover letter stating academic and professional goals
- Reference or letter of support from an employer or credentialed / diploma practitioner colleague
- The Scholarship Committee, appointed by the Board of Directors of The Robin McKenzie Institute, will evaluate the applications and make the final decision.
- The decision of the committee is final.
- Reasons for the selection / decisions are strictly confidential.
- The Scholarship Committee reserves the right not to award any scholarships in any given year.
Click here to download a copy of the Phil Burchell MDT Diploma Scholarship Application.
Click here to download a copy of the above scholarship criteria.