Last Step To Certification
The attainment of the Credentialing Level status indicates that the clinician has met predetermined requirements established by The McKenzie Institute International (MII) to recognize basic competency in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy® (MDT).
The MII Credentialing Examination is the worldwide standard for all branches consisting of multi-method testing with written and practical components designed to assess the clinical knowledge and skills developed by the practitioner throughout the post-graduate course curriculum. Those who pass the exam may use the initials "Cert. MDT" and are added to the online Therapist Locator for those seeking certified MDT providers.
After confirmed exam registration, you will be given access to advanced videos of MDT Procedures.
Eligibility requirements (Policy):
- Completion of Parts A-D
- Canadian licensed eligible practitioner in good standing with their respective college
The seven major components of the Clinical Competencies are:
- Principle of Treatment
- Practitioner Procedures
In preparation for the exam, you might consider:
- Reading the McKenzie textbooks and reviewing your course manuals and notes
- Review of MDT Procedure Videos
- Take the free A-D MDT Comprehension Self-tests to help reveal areas of the manual you need to review further
- Use your assessment forms daily
- Auditing a course (A-D)
- Taking the online one of the McKenzie Case Manager Course Volumes (1-3) - a great review of clinical reasoning as you work through the assessment and diagnostic process for eight cases.
- Attending an advanced learning course such as the Clinical Skills Update (CSU) or Masterclass
Benefits of being a Certified McKenzie practitioner:
- Those who pass the Credentialing Exam are added to our online Therapist Locator directory of qualified practitioners to receive potential referrals for three years.
- Recognition of your expertise and enhancement of our professional status among your colleagues, your faculty, community, referring professionals, industry, and third party insurers.
- Requests for involvement with ongoing outcome studies and research projects
- To insure ongoing
practice of the highest
standards of MDT,
to remain part of
the patient referral
Click here for MDT Certification CE Standards Policy
Exam schedule and fees:
- Limited Class Size: Each exam is typically limited to 16 to 20 exam candidates (less for online exams). Applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Completed application and full payment must be received 30 days prior to the posted exam date.
- Please contact Aileen Conway if you need to retake the exam or a portion of the exam.
Exam Fee: $550.00
Fee with D PLUS Plan: $450.00
If Required - Exam retakes:
- Retake entire exam (only offered on scheduled examination dates): $250.00 with D Plus Plan $200.00
- Retake Written component on a scheduled examination date: $150.00 with D Plus Plan $100.00
- Retake Written component if taken on an alternate date, MICanada branch approval required: $300.00
- Retake Performance component if taken during a scheduled examination date $75.00 with D Plus Plan $50.00
- Retake Performance component if taken on an alternate date. $300.00 MICanada branch approval required (requires 2 proctors and added administration work)
CE Booklet Click Here
Please download this CE booklet for the examination policy and procedures that you will be expected to follow.
Please refer to our Cancellation Policy document for full details regarding the cancellation of courses and examinations.
Before making travel arrangements, be sure you have the written letter of confirmation for your registration.
Jan 13 14, 2023: Credentialling Exam, Online (16 Seats Available) – Register Now
For more information, please contact Aileen Conway, McKenzie Institute Canada Branch Administrator, at (800) 463-8568 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org