Your privacy is important to us.
Although our ability to provide service requires that we collect business and/or personal information about our course participants, we take measures to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
Our commitment to safeguarding your privacy is reflected in our Privacy Code, which governs the behavior of our employees with regard to the collection, use and disclosure of our customers' personal information. This privacy code reflects the federal privacy legislation that came into effect on January 1, 2001.
The McKenzie Institute respects our customers' privacy and therefore we will not share sell or provide any information you share with us to a third party unless we first receive your written or verbal consent.
Why we collect personal and business information
When you register to take one of our courses or attend a conference, The McKenzie Institute requests you share some basic information about yourself. We understand that some of this information is private, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to
provide ongoing service.
For example, when you register for a course, we collect information that
allows us to confirm your identity and professional status so that we can
enter your information into our database. This database is used to register
you for a course. This generates reports so we can send a course
certificate and an income tax receipt to you
understand your needs and preferences.
We keep a record of the courses you have attended so we can mail you
information on the next course you are eligible to attend. Occasionally, we
may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For
example, we will ask for your e-mail address, so you can receive course
- To assist the development and marketing of our educational programme For example, we look at how our course attendees use our products and services, so that we can understand how to improve them. From time to time, we may review and analyze your use of our services to help us provide better product.
When do we disclose business information?
There is a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose only business information about our customers. Here are some examples:
- At our courses, a list
of course attendees is given to all those attending the course. This list
contains your name, and business information such as the name of your
workplace, city, and province and business telephone number. The reason for
this is to encourage networking amongst the participants.
- We may disclose a
customer's business information to a person who has contacted our office
requesting the name of a McKenzie certified practitioner (minimal level is
completion of certification examination) in their area. The names of all
certified clinicians are posted on our website
- Any such disclosure of a clinician's business information is made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed – referral for assessment and treatment.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, The Robin McKenzie Institute Canada:
- will NOT collect, use or disclose your personal or business information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent;
- will protect your personal and business information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies;
- will strive to keep your personal and business information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour any request you may make for access to all your information.
- will honour your request to have all information deleted from our records and systems.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose only your business information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may wish to have only your name on the list of attendees circulated at our courses.
- You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail mailing lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant courses, conferences, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you.
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please call us at 1-800-463-8568. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your business information for the purposes identified above.