McKenzie Institute Online Courses
The online course page will provide you with access to Session 1 of the Parts A and B courses and the online Case Manager Course series designed to enhance your clinical reasoning skills. In addition, this page also provides access to the free MDT Overview Course for clinicians starting to explore the benefits of The McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy.
Click on the appropriate tab and follow these easy steps to get started!
- Log In with your McKenzie Institute online community profile or Sign Up now.
- Run this quick system check.
NOTE: Online video is dependent on bandwidth available from your Internet service provider. During times of high traffic, the video may glitch or freeze. This should correct itself within a matter of seconds. For the same reason, downloading documents may also take longer depending on the speed of your connection, computer or Internet traffic.
If you leave your computer idle for longer than 20 minutes, you will need to login again. A pop-up window will prompt you to re-enter your login. This is primarily for the protection of your account and security of our programs.
Part A and B Course Online Component Resources
What to Expect
- Online components are mandatory pre-requisites to attend the live three-day courses.
- Parts A & B online components are tablet and mobile friendly!
- Part A is comprised of five modules and Part B has four modules that are an interactive blend of visuals, audio and video.
- Both courses have testing components designed to ensure that all participants have achieved the learning objectives before attending the live course and as a necessity for CEU approvals.
- Average time to complete the online components is approximately five (5) hours.
- Register in advance to allow plenty of time to complete the online component and take the test.
- The final test must be passed two days prior to the start date of the live course.
- Log In or Sign Up for your McKenzie Institute Web profile
- Run our system test to ensure you have the necessary software.
- Proceed directly to the online component once you receive registration confirmation.
- Once you are logged into the online component, find these documents for download under the "Materials" tab.
- Course Outline (Gives approximate running times for each module.)
- Course Manual Modules (The entire course manual will be provided to you at the live course.)
- Case Study (A quiz will be provided as the last activity before the final test.)
- Complete the modules and score at least a 75 percent on the final test. This is required to attend the live courses. You will be notified of your score by email.
- We recommend starting the course during weekdays when technical support is most readily available.
- You do not have to complete all of the modules in one session.
- The online course begins with a pre-test to consider your baseline understanding of McKenzie concepts and terms. This is not graded.
- After each module, you will take a short quiz to help you focus on key points. These are not graded; however, you will be provided feedback on incorrect answers to allow you to immediately go back and review material.
- After the Case Study and quiz, you must take a final overall test and receive a 75% grade to be allowed access into the live course.
- It is considered open book testing. You will have in your possession the sections of the course manual that you downloaded from the Materials Tab to assist you.
- As you proceed through the online modules, refer to the specific module in the course manual at that time, or read through the relevant module in the manual immediately before or after your work.
- Write down any questions as they arise and bring them with you to give to your instructor at the start of the live course.
- When you pass the final overall test, you will receive an immediate email verification of your final score to confirm the status of your admittance to the three-day live course. You will be directed to a new screen confirming this and also providing a link to a short online evaluation form. Please take the time to complete it.
- If you are not successful on the final test, you will be able to retake the test immediately and as many times as necessary to pass until the deadline of seven days before the live course start date.
- We encourage you to review the modules as often as needed before the live course so you are ready to apply the concepts to clinical scenarios during the three day live course.
- Only those who pass the test will be listed on the official registration sign-in list. Those not listed will not be allowed entry into the course. There will be no exceptions onsite.
Before embarking on our formal training, this free course is designed to provide a very broad overview to better understand the principles of the McKenzie Method.
With the test component at the end, this is an excellent tool for students and universities as an extra credit task or simply to enhance a curriculum.
Note: The Overview Course is NOT the same as the mandatory online prerequisite component associated with either the Part A or Part B course and WILL NOT fulfill the requirements for either course.
The McKenzie Case Manager courses were created to provide web-based instruction designed for the advanced McKenzie MDT clinician. These courses present complex clinical practice scenarios through a collection of cases that will add to your patient experience base and help you focus on the power of utilizing the information gathered on The McKenzie Institute Assessment forms to lead to patient classification and management strategies.
Each Case Manager course (volume) currently consists of eight (8) individual cases.
- Case Manager Volume 1 examines four lumbar and four cervical patients.
- Case Manager Volume 2 examines two lumbar, two cervical, two upper extremity and two lower extremity patients.
- Case Manager Volume 3 examines three lumbar, three cervical, one upper extremity and one lower extremity patient.
Through the analysis of all case studies, registrants will improve their clinical decision making as related to the application of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy to patients presenting with cervical, lumbar and extremity problems.
All course volumes utilize interactive McKenzie Assessment forms throughout all cases. The cases presented were taken from actual patients seen by senior instructors of The McKenzie Institute.
To thoroughly study and work through each of the eight-case volumes, expect an average of 12 total contact hours. Your registration will remain active for 90 days.
Upon completion of the Case Manager Course, the course certificate can be downloaded from our website. To download the certificate first login and go to VIEW PROFILE, select the COURSE HISTORY tab and then select the document associated with the appropriate course. Certificates will only be generated after completion of the course and the final course evaluation.
Course Registration Details
Part A completion
is required; Part D
completion is strongly recommended.
(Note: Unless you have experience and a sound understanding of the principles of the MDT McKenzie assessment process, we encourage you not to participate. No refunds will be provided.)
$250.00 per volume
(ALL sales are final...please read the Terms of Agreement carefully)
SAVE $100.00 or more on a Case Manager Course...consider taking out a MICanada PRO or PLUS PLAN: Click Here
How to Register:
- Begin by viewing the short demo for an example of The McKenzie Case Manager to see the course format.
- Following the demo, you must read and accept the Terms of Agreement to access the registration page.
- Payment can be made with a credit card via our Online Registration Form (recommended for quickest registration.). Payment must be received before entry to course is allowed.
- After receiving email verification of successful online registration, return to this page and click the link "Proceed Directly to Login Page." Your username and password will be the same as your MICanada website login for the course login.
Frequently Asked Questions
View the Demo
Register Immediately (already viewed demo)
Proceed Directly to Login Page (already registered/paid; to start or an active student in progress returning to complete the course)