Host a McKenzie Institute Canada MDT Course
The McKenzie Institute is committed to the highest standard of education providing the therapeutic community with the best preparation in the application of McKenzie principles through our Program of Certification. In order to provide the post-graduate education service in targeted geographic locations nationwide that are time, travel and cost efficient, we seek the assistance of a local cosponsor who is interested in building an on-going relationship with the Institute that is mutually beneficial.
Hosting a course provides your eligible staff members the opportunity to learn the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis & Therapy, an evidence-based assessment method utilized by health professionals worldwide because of its proven ability to improve patient outcomes.
WHY HOST A COURSE?
- To provide clinicians working at your clinic and in your local area, with access to training in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy.
- To provide your patients with access to clinicians that are fully qualified in MDT, an approach which is globally recognized as a leading system for treating patients with spine and extremity disorders.
- To provide clinicians at your clinic and the local area, with the opportunity to enhance their clinical reasoning capabilities and learn the tools necessary to improve their patient outcomes
- To earn free places on the course, or earn a venue rental fee and reduce your monthly expenses
- If you are already Credentialed, it could fulfil your CCES (Continuing Competency Education Standards) requirements, keeping your name and clinic posting on the therapist locator for another 3 years (this option is only open to Cert. MDT’s or Dip. MDT’s that are currently CCES compliant).
KEY HOSTING OBLIGATIONS:
- Provide a suitable open space with good sight lines suitable for both lecture and practical sessions, that can accommodate up to 20 clinicians comfortably.
- Provide chair (not stool) seating for up to 20 clinicians for the duration of the in-person sessions
- Provide access to 5 or more treatment tables during the practical sessions
- Recruit and manage between 4-5 appropriate patients for the course (number of patients and suitability depends on course type)
HOSTING CLINIC BENEFITS:
For in-person held courses, we typically offer the hosting clinic a choice of hosting benefits. Please click on the document below for more information on our hosting benefits.
Do you want to know more? Contact the MICanada Branch at email@example.com